For shaving your head clean, you’ve got to have the best head shaver with you. Shaving your head with an electric shaver is much better than using a razor with soap or gel all over your head. Among shavers, there are some, which are specifically designed to do your head. They come with their own benefits and ease of use.
Normal electric shavers, which are mainly focused to shave your facial hair can also be used for the head. But not all of them are suitable to be used for head shaving. This is why an electric head shaver becomes a must have item for men who bald their heads regularly. We have put together some of the best head shavers 2020 in this round-up. A proper shaver for the head will make it easier for you to shave your head and at the same time, things will go smooth.
Best Head Shaver 2020 (Quick Nav):
- Skull Shaver Pitbull Platinum
- Remington HC4250 Shortcut Pro
- Wahl Professional Clipper
- Remington Verso XR1410
- Panasonic ES-RT97-S Arc3
- Braun Series 9 9290cc
- Philips Norelco Qc5580/40
- Wahl Professional Shaver/Shaper
Quick Guide for Choosing the Best Electric Shaver for Head
As mentioned earlier, not all shavers are suitable for shaving heads. Some are specifically designed for shaving heads and on the other hand, a number of normal facial shavers can also do the work. In order to get the best electric razor for the head, you need to confirm the presence of certain things in a shaver. Only then, it would be worth putting your money into it.
- Corded OR Cordless: One of the very important things to think about, is whether you want a corded or cordless shaver. Both have their own pros and cons. A cordless shaver will give you portability, you can take it anywhere and use it anywhere. Corded on the other hand, will restrict you to places where you have an electric plug so you could plug your shaver into it. Also, corded shavers are not ready for wet usage, in case you want to bald your head in the shower. But at the same time, you will have to worry about a cordless shaver and keep it charged, so you could use it anytime and anywhere.
- Weight: Weight of a shaver matters too. It matters in two places, first is portability and second is usage. A face shaver has an elongated design and is designed this way so one could easily hold and use it for shaving facial hair. Head shavers on the other hand, are not elongated in shape most of the time. This way, you can hold in your hands and use it upside down on your head. This kind of design reduces the weight because the elongated part is removed and so the shaver becomes portable and easy to use.
- Water / Showerproof: Some men like to shave their face and head in the shower. This makes the waterproof feature important. Additionally, using gel or soap is what some men prefer even with an electric shaver. In this case, again, your shaver needs to be ready for wet usage. So, you need to keep this factor in mind before choosing your next best head shaver.
- Ease of Use: Shaving your face is somehow easy compared to shaving your head. This gives rise to the importance of the design of your shaver and how easy it is to use. Shaver with unnecessary design outings will be of no use here. Make sure you go for something which is basic and simple, a powerful motor on the inside, good grip and a power button to switch it ON.
- Battery Life: In case you choose to go for a cordless shaver, it is important to check the battery life of it. You might be one of those men who shave their head if not daily, the day after. In this case, your shaver should have enough battery life, so you could use it twice or thrice on one charge. One may forget to charge the shaver and next day, your head won’t be shiny bald.
Also Read: Best Vacuum Cleaners
Best Electric Head Shaver 2020 Reviews
1. Skull Shaver Pitbull Platinum
- Flexible blades
- Battery Life: 90 Minutes
- Wet/Dry: Both
For shaving your head bald, there is nothing better than the pitbull platinum. Its design, performance and battery life exactly is what you want to have as your best head shaver 2020. The only thing not so good about it is that it is the most expensive head shaver. It costs around $250, which is a high price no doubt. But this price is totally justifiable when you know the way it performs. Speaking of its design first, it is one of the easiest to use an electric shaver for the head. It has grips on the upper portion for shaving your head from the front or sides. And then there are extra finger grips between the blades and the upper part of it. Using these, you will be able to conveniently shave the back of your head.
It comes with its own travel case and a rinse stand. The stand makes it easy to clean, you just have to turn it on and dip it into the stand filled with water, then hold it for a few seconds. This way, all the hair trapped in blades is pulled out. Pitbull Platinum is powered by Lithium-ion battery which gives you a battery life of around 90 minutes. This is a superb battery life, you can use it multiple times by charging it once. For safety, it comes with a travel lock option. You can turn it ON/OFF by pressing and holding the button for a few seconds. Also, on top is an LCD panel which shows you the remaining battery life. Once drained, you can charge it using a USB charger, which you get with it as well. More, the shaver is showerproof too, so you could use it in the shower or with a shaving gel too.
2. Remington HC4250 Shortcut Pro
- 9 Length Combs
- Curved Blade
- Not Waterproof
- Battery Life: 40 Minutes
- Wet/Dry: Dry Only
Not all shavers or clippers are specifically designed for head, but those which are designed for this purpose do really well. Remington HC4250 Shortcut Pro comes with a curved blade, unlike the straight blades on normal clippers. This curved blade makes a lot of difference in shaving your head. It makes the overall trimming process easy and also it matches the contours of your head, and so the hair is trimmed cleanly. More, you also get 9 different guards with it so you could trim your head hair at different levels, in case you do not want to go totally bald. Besides, the overall design is such that holding and moving it over your head becomes very easy.
Cleaning the trimmer is pretty simple. You can easily remove the blade from the top and remove all trapped hair from the inside. The trimmer itself is nor water-proof so you should not use it in the shower. But it is somewhat resistant to water, a bit of getting wet won’t harm it in any way. On the inside, it comes with a lithium-ion battery which gives a cordless use time of around 40 minutes which is more than enough for balding your head. Interestingly, if the battery runs out, you could simply connect the cord and use it corded. You get a travel case, charger and 9 additional guards with it. And of all, it is offered at $50 which is a pretty good price, making it one of the best budget head shavers.
3. Wahl Professional 5-Star Balding Clipper
- Attachment Combs
- 2x Faster Motor
- Not Cordless
- Battery Life: N/A
- Wet/Dry: Dry Only
The Wahl Balding Clipper is what professionals use, it is fast, sharp and does your hair like a pro. For those who bald their head regularly, this is a good option at a somewhat affordable price. First off, it is a full-size clipper which means you can use it for many other purposes as well. Besides balding your head, it is also good for outlining your hair or your beard. Next is the design, the way you get it is amazing. It comes with a nice grip on both sides, and so balding your head becomes easy. Also, you get 2 attachment combs with it so you could go for other levels above balding.
The electromagnetic motor on the inside is capable of going 2x faster than conventional trimmers and motors, this means your hair is cut nicely and quickly too. However, it is not a cordless one. It comes with a cord that you will have to plug in for each use. This brings down the portability factor but still is a good option with regard to its price and performance. More, the blade of it is full size, this ensures an even cut and makes the balding process fast. Weight is not something which will annoy you, so it won’t be an issue at all if you use this best bald head shaver on your own.
4. Remington Verso XR1410
- Charcoal Infused Bristles
- Ergonomic Design
- Battery time
- Battery Life: 45 Minutes
- Wet/Dry: Both
Want a good shave, have a look at Remington Verso XR1410. This shaver is an all-rounder, it shows perfection in shaving both head and face. While discussing about attachments, you get 5 interchangeable attachments in the packing including gentle bristle brush (for daily cleansing), charcoal-infused bristles brush (for deep scrubbing), pre-shave brush (for lifting hairs), triple rotary head shaver (delivers close result) and precision trimmer (for final touch on beard, mustaches). Naming this shaver the “Perfect tool for men routine grooming” will not be wrong. Moreover, the best part is that because of its compact ergonomic design, it can be adjusted in the palm of your hand which makes shaving easy for you. In addition, the 100% waterproof and rubberized grip feature enables you to shave with foam without worrying.
Let’s discuss the shaving process of this shaver. The high-performance rotary shaver is packed with Hyperflex and PrecisionPlus technology which follows the contours of your face shaving any length of hair so you can make your look the way you want. However, talking about the battery, besides all its features Remington didn’t go perfectly in this way. The battery works for 45 minutes after 4 hours of charging. At last, if making your look perfect and according to your choice is your first priority, then go for Remington Verso XR1410 without any second thoughts.
5. Panasonic ES-RT97-S Arc3
- Slide-up Trimmer
- Fast Motor
- Battery Life: 50 Minutes
- Wet/Dry: Both
Not all face shavers are good for shaving your head, but some of them actually do the work pretty good. You will come across a lot of face shavers which are best for shaving your head as well, but those are expensive. Panasonic ES-RT97-S Arc3, on the other hand, is not too expensive and at the same time is the best shaver for head, chest and all body. It comes with a special 3 blade system that closely removes the hair from your head and its 30° angle makes cutting the hair more swift. In addition, it comes with a slide-up trimmer, on which you can put attachment combs for doing your beard or head hair.
The overall design of it is pretty good, both sides of it have rubber grips. This makes the shaving process easy and efficient. The foil on top of blades is a curved one, this easily makes up with the contours on your head. More, the motor inside is a powerful one, as is in all good shavers from Panasonic. Speaking of the battery, it gives you a battery life of a good 50 minutes which can take you to multiple uses on a single charge. Also, the shaver is not restricted to dry use only. You can go for soap or gel as well, in case you love doing it this way. And for cleaning, things become pretty easy because of the cleaning stand included with it.
6. Braun Series 9 9290cc Electric Razor
- Closest Shave
- Auto Speed Adjustment
- Battery Life: 50 Minutes
- Wet/Dry: Both
Braun Series 9 is the best shaver for all sorts of usage for men. It is best for facial hair, body grooming and head as well. Nothing comes near to it the way it performs and is designed. The only thing which brings it to a lower position is the price. For facial shaving, it is always on top but for shaving your head, paying over $300 may not sound a nice idea. However, if you’ve got that kind of cash on you, its performance will please you like anything you want. On the shaver head, it comes with 5 blades synchronized so nicely that no other shaver can cut hair the way it does. And despite this, it gives you one of the nicest shaves, there is no fear of cuts at all.
The head of it is flexible at 10 directions which means no hair is left out on the way. This also makes it pretty easy to take it around your head, no matter the front, back or sides. This best electric razor for head also has a trimmer with it which further makes things easy. Despite high power and features, it manages to pass on battery juice for 50 minutes which again is awesome. And then it has a nice feature that automatically adjusts the motor speed based on the density of hair it encounters in its way. You also get a carry case with it which makes it pretty easy to carry it with you.
7. Philips Norelco QC5580/40 DIY Hair Clipper
- Unique Design
- 180° Rotatable Head
- Shaver + Trimmer
- Battery Life: 60 Minutes
- Wet/Dry: Dry Only
Norelco QC5580 DIY is a uniquely designed head shaver. It is something which many would love to have but is an expensive option. It comes with a unique design which makes shaving or trimming your head very easily. It’s not just a shaver, you get a trimmer as well. The head of it is rotatable at 180° which makes the process very effective. You could rotate the head in any direction and shave your head from any side. Also, the trimmer comes with 14 built-in level settings which you can use for setting your hair at different levels.
Design-wise, it comes with a nice grip for handling. And the overall size of it is compact, the trimmer fits nicely in your hand. About battery power, it can power up cordless for around 60 minutes which is good, you can use it twice or thrice by charging it once. Also, it takes around an hour to fully charge not more. Overall, Norelco QC5580 is a handy shaver for the head which you can carry around easily and does justice with shaving hair from your head. The only thing you may not like is the price of it.
Worth a Read: Best Car Vacuum Cleaners
8. Wahl Professional 5-Star Shaver/Shaper
- No Wet Shave
- Battery Life: 60 Minutes
- Wet/Dry: Dry Only
Last but not the least, among best head shavers 2020 is the Wahl Professional 5-Star Shaver. It is favorite for many because of its simple design and good performance. It’s a pretty basic shaver having nothing else. You do not get any slide-up trimmer or flexible head etc. But the way it cuts your hair is awesome. Besides, the reason for it being one of the best electric shavers for the head is its design. It is small in size and compact as well, this way one can hold and move it very easily over the head for balding it.
The shaver can be used cordless or corded, it depends on your taste. On cordless use, it will give you a run-time of over 60 minutes which is just about the standard time. At the same time, it is a cheap shaver for the head. For $60, what you get is simply stunning. Moreover, this shaver is mostly used by professionals because of its simplicity and quick results. So, if you want to have a shaver that is simple and gets your head bald easily without any hiccups, this is what you should be going for.
Benefits of using a Head Shaver
Many would argue or ask, why use an electric head shaver? why not stick to the conventional way of using blade razors? Well, ahead shavers come with a number of benefits and in many ways, it is good compared to a conventional razor. Unless you love the feeling of using a conventional razor, the best electric head shaver can be preferable in many ways. Some of them are as follows.
- Quick Shave: An electric head shaver gives you a much quicker shave compared to a conventional razor. You have to get your head and then apply soap or gel before using a normal blade razor, this takes time. Then, when it is time to use the razor, you need to do it carefully in order to prevent any harm. A head shaver, on the other hand, is nothing like this, you just have to power it up and move it around your scalp, it cuts any hair on the way and that’s it.
- No Gel / Soap: Although, some electric shavers can be used with gel as well, that’s only if you want to do so. Most men prefer to go for dry shaving using a head shaver. This way, you do not have to spend extra on buying a shaving gel, also there is more space of the shelve for you. Besides, using gel is a mess, whereas, an electric shaver will keep things nice and easy.
- Portability: Next comes the portability factor. Electric shavers are easy to carry around, they come with their own travel case and can fit anywhere. All you need to keep is the shaver and its charger, both in the same case. You can even use it on your flight if you are traveling business class.
- Use Anywhere: One good advantage of using an electric shaver is that you can literally use it anywhere. A razor requires soap or gel, for which you most definitely will prefer to do it in a washroom. Whereas, for a head shaver you can do it anywhere. Even at the balcony, sit on a chair, do the shaving and then clean the mess afterward.
- Cordless Use: In case you opt to go for a cordless electric head shaver, it is most useful. Once charged, it can be used multiple times. So you won’t be worrying about any preparations in advance, just wake up in the morning, walk to your bath, get your shaver and do the work, it’s that simple.
- Least Fear of Cuts: Your head is prone to cuts when using a conventional blade razor. This is because the blades are directly in contact with your scalp and the view is not directly visible to you. Shaver’s on the contrary, have a thin foil over the blade, so your head never gets directly in contact with the blades. This way, you do not get any cuts on your scalp.
- No Disposable Waste: Finally if you do not use conventional razors, there is no disposable waste. There are no cartridges or blades to get rid of and so, things are plain and simple.