There’s nothing sexier than a working woman having love for technology. A wristwatch is without any doubts an important thing for many people. Since watches are turning into smartwatches now, this is why the competition is on peak. And not only tech companies like Samsung or Apple, in fact, traditional wristwatch manufacturers are also joining the race. You will come across many popular brands who have rolled out smartwatches now.
Here we will be specifically talking about best smartwatches for women. But, how is a smartwatch for women different than those for men? Well, it’s the same old story, there is no difference on the inside because you will get pretty much all the features. But speaking of looks, design, color and aesthetics, this is where the difference comes in. The way some smartwatches are designed and finished, makes them suitable for women. So, without any further ado, these are the best smartwatches for women in 2020. And following this, you’ll see how to choose a smartwatch for yourself.
Best Smartwatch for Women 2020
|Fitbit Versa Smartwatch||Firbit OS|
|Apple Watch Series 4||watchOS|
|Samsung Galaxy Smartwatch||Tizen 4.0|
|Fossil Women’s Gen 4||Wear OS|
|Kate Spade Women’s Scallop 2||Wear OS|
|Michael Kors Access Unisex||Wear OS|
|Samsung Galaxy Watch Active||Tizen 4.0|
|Motorola Moto 360||Wear OS|
|Skagen Connected Falster 2||Wear OS|
|Withings Steel HR Hybrid||Built-in|
You May Like: Best Digital Watches
How to pick the best women’s smartwatch?
For the sake of simplifying things, the process for choosing a smartwatch for women can be divided into two categories, design and features. There are some specifics about the design of a smartwatch which will make it suitable for ladies. And then there are features, which of course are not divided by gender, a woman will get everything a man gets, but you just needs to know what things are important so your investment is worth it.
- Case Size – Women tend to have a thinner wrist compared to men, this asks for the question that what should be the case/dial size of your next smartwatch. A bulky one will not only annoy you but look hideous as well. This is the reason manufacturers have designed specific models for women only. So, a smartwatch having a case size of 42mm or below is recommended for women. In some cases, a 44mm case size is also worth it, but anything beyond that will annoy you and will look ugly on your wrist.
- Thickness – The depth of the watch matters too. An optimal thickness would not annoy you as you use or wear the watch. Besides, slimmer the watch, fancier it looks. And for women, this is a must look factor because a bulky watch would not look good on your wrist. The recommended thickness, which will make a best smart watch for women is 12mm to 14mm. This range is optimal for a woman’s wrist.
- Color – Most of the smartwatches you will come across come in blue, black or silver colors. And these colors are aimed towards both men and women, because wearing a pink watch for an executive meeting sounds lame. However, many smartwatches are also available in other colors, most of which will suit women, like maroon, pink or rose gold etc.
- Strap Size – Women tend to wear watches having thinner straps, again, it all matters because of the size of a woman’s wrist. So, a smartwatch is no different than a conventional watch in design, this is why the straps of your smartwatch should be thin too. Anything between 18mm to 20mm is optimal.
- Customization – Many smartwatches nowadays offer a range of variants based on design and color. It all matters about you, because the final thing which you will put on you wrist should comfort you in all ways. So, whenever deciding to buy a smartwatch, make sure you check all the colors and designs available. You can choose things like strap color, strap material, face color etc. Moreover, since conventional wrist watch manufacturers are jumping into the smartwatch world too, this means you an easily go around, look for a watch smith and change the straps as per your choice.
- Compatibility – One of the very important things before yourself a smartwatch is to check if it is compatible with your smartphones. Otherwise, it will be useless, you might gift it to somebody then, unwillingly. But this is an easy one, there is quite a limited number of operating systems for smartwatches and you should be able to pick one which will work with your smartphone. So, straight forward, an Apple watch will only work with other Apple devices, there is no point in opening for others too, because then Apple won’t be Apple anymore. On the other side, Tizen by Samsung and Wear OS by Google will work properly with Android, provided your Android version is 4.3 or higher. In some cases, Wear OS will also work with iPhone but then you may lose some features. Finally, Fitbit OS which is a popular one, works good on both iPhone and Android.
- Sensors – Higher the number of sensors, smarter your smartwatch is. So, you need to look into what sensors your smartwatch brings with it. You should be able to get useful information from those sensors, because a smartwatch is not just meant to receive calls easily or get notifications at your wrist but should keep track of your daily routine too. This is why among sensors, fitness trackers like Heart Rate and GPS are very important to have on a smartwatch. But you should know that not all trackers are accurate and reliable, we will be discussing this with each smartwatch.
- Battery Life – Any smartwatch giving you a backup of 15 hours or more is good enough. A smartwatch having less number of features like no voice command etc may last longer like a day or even two. But those packed with features and power, will have a backup of around 15 – 18 hours. And about the charging, some smartwatches can be charged wireless, but these are mostly from big names like Samsung and Apple. And this is why their price goes up too.
- Alerts – Getting alerts and notifications from your smartphone to your smartwatch is an important feature. Well, all smartwatches will get your alerts, but here is a difference about how how these alerts are displayed and handled. Make sure, that you can easily see all your alerts or notifications by a single swipe from bottom or top. Some watches simply throw out the notifications if you ignore them for a longer period, which obviously is not a good thing. In fact, for some watches you can even control what notifications you want to get and what not.
- Voice Command – Not many people will want to use voice commands, but it is a handy feature and the fact is that this feature is now more sophisticated than it was previously. Chances are, most of the times your smartwatch will get exactly what you are saying. And you will never know, but there will come a time when you will immediately feel the need for voice control. So you should think about it while getting yourself a new smartwatch.
Also Read: Portable Monitors for Laptop
Best Smartwatches for Women – Reviews
1. Fitbit Versa Smartwatch
- 24/7 Heart Rate Monitor
- Sleep Tracking
- Notification Alerts
- 4 Day Battery
- Slim & Fancy
Fitbit Versa Smartwatch is basically a fitness tracker but it still does many other things to become a best smartwatch for women. It comes in many colors, out of which rose gold would be the best option for ladies. The straps of it are easily interchangeable and you can buy them separately. They come in different colors and material. About the design of the watch itself, it has a 40mm face and is just over 10mm thick which means it is one of the most slimmest smartwatches. It weighs around 38 grams, so it is lightweight and you can even wear it while sleeping, it won’t annoy you at all.
The display of it is a full color LCD touch, it is bright enough for outside use without any problems. For the home screen or you may call it the clock face, you can choose from 100’s of available options from the Fitbit app which is available in both Android and iPhone. As mentioned in the start that it is a fitness tracker, and it really does a lot to keep you healthy. You get a coaching center in it, where you go and select the workout you want to do, it then trains you like a coach and keeps track of time as well. Also, it has a heart rate monitor on the back which works 24/7 and you can always check your heart rate on the bottom left of the watch’s clock face. Moreover, there is a sleep tracking feature as well. So, wear it when going to sleep and next morning it will tell you a lot of things like when you were in deep sleep and when not.
For notifications and alerts, you get almost everything from your phone, things like Whats App, message or call alert. You can even reply to messages, but you can not get on a call using it, for which you would need to switch back to your smartphone. Fitbit Versa Smartwatch comes with its own dock charger where you place the watch and it starts charging safely. The battery is awesome here, it can go as high as 4 days depending on your use. If you use it continuously for some task which consumes battery, it will still go more than a day. So, this is an awesome smartwatch for women, the looks of it are fancy and you get all features one could expect from a smartwatch, besides, the price of it is not too high either.
2. Apple Watch Series 4
- 18 Hours Battery Backup
- Ceramic Back
- LTE Available
- Fall Detection
- Loud Speaker
When you think of a smartwatch, Apple Series 4 is the only thing that really beats all features and comes up to the top. The only thing which will stop you from buying it is the high price tag and that it works with with iPhone only. Apart from this, it is a superb smartwatch for women, because it comes in a wide range of colors, has two variants of face sizes (40mm and 44mm), and is nicely slim too. The bands of it can be of different colors, styles and materials. It all depends on what you like the most or what will ease you the most. Back of the watch is ceramic made which allows all the signals to pass through easily and honestly is a nice feel to the hand compared to previous model.
Since you can use LTE on it, this requires the mic and speakers to be awesome, and yes they are. The speaker is nicely loud, as if it were from some good smartphone. There is this digital crown on the right which you can use to scroll the screen and many other things. The screen of it is more colorful and bright compared to what was on previous models. And yes you also get a walky-talky mode, using which you can get on with your friends who also have this smartwatch. Another good addition is the fall detection, so whenever you smartwatch gets to know that you have fallen, it offers you to call emergency services. You can either reject that offer or if you don’t, it will go ahead and make the call automatically.
Battery life of it is superb as well, on mixed use it can last as high as 18 hours which is pretty impressive. For fitness and health, it has awesome sensors which are precise. And you also get to do cool things like starting a competition with your friends related to workout and track everything together. So, this smartwatch from Apple is way better than all its previous models and it has much more to offer. The only thing which may stop you from buying this best smartwatch 2020 for women, should be budget constraints and apart from that it should be your go to option.
3. Samsung Galaxy Smartwatch Rose Gold
- 3 Days Battery Backup
- LTE Enabled
- Tizen 4.0
- Scroll Dial Swipe
- Good Speaker
Here comes the best Android smartwatch for women, it is stylish, has got a ton of features and gives an amazing battery backup. The rose gold variant of this smartwatch is an exact match for women’s wrist, it has a case size of 45.7mm x 41.9mm and the depth of which is 12.7mm, making it perfect for ladies. The straps of it come in three different sizes and the watch weighs around 49 grams which might be a bit higher compared to new models, but it still is acceptable.
It comes with a Super AMOLED display which really makes it a stunning one, it also is water and dust resistant. For those interested, it is LTE and GPS enabled, so you could be doing a lot with this smartwatch. The OS inside it is Tizen 4.0 which enables it to be compatible with both Android devices and iPhone. An interesting thing here is that the screen is touch enabled yes, but you can also use the scroll around the circular dial and swipe between apps, it feels better than touch and becomes more easier too.
About fitness and tracking, things are not very accurate. Surely, the sensors work, but the results are not at a level where you could base your serious workout sessions on it. However, among other things, the heart rate sensor is pretty accurate. The LTE feature on it is pretty much up to the mark, the speaker on it is good too but not the loudest one. But, one can still manage and get over a call using this smartwatch. Reply to text notifications is something you would not like, because the screen is small and you won’t be able to type. However, you can go for quick responses which are available in a wide range. Finally about the battery, it can go as high as 3 days on basic usage which means a mix use of everything time to time. So yes, this smartwatch should be a go to option for ladies who want to get an android smartwatch and also want something a little within budget.
4. Fossil Women’s Gen 4 Venture HR
- 40mm Case Size
- 13mm Thick
- 4GB Internal Storage
- Swim Proof
- Android / iOS Compatible
Women’s Gen 4 Venture HR by Fossil is by far the most aesthetically beautiful smart watch for women. It comes in wide range of colors and stainless steel straps. For a woman, this can be a nice addition to the set of jewelry. So you get both, a beautiful looking ornament and an amazing smartwatch with tons of features. It has a 40mm case size and a thickness of 13mm, making it perfect for a woman’s wrist. Besides, the straps of it are 18mm in size, you can fit any strap from a third-party, provided the size of it is 18mm.
Speaking of whether it will give you those smart features or not. First and foremost, it is powered by Wear OS, which is an OS by Google. This means that the smartwatch is compatible with devices having Android OS 4.4+ or iOS 9.3+. Now, the actual features, you get some of the accurate fitness trackers you will find in smartwatches. If you want to use it for workout purposes, it simply is stunning for that. Additionally, you get everything which a smartwatch needs to have, things like notifications, alerts, messages are all there. And every time there is a notification or alert, a moderate buzz lets you that you have something to see.
It comes with 4GB internal storage which is more than enough for these notification and storing your fitness data. Furthermore, the watch is swim proof too, so you can go for a swim with it on you hand without any worries. Yup, you may want to check your heartbeat while you are swimming. More, the dial faces and graphics inside this smartwatch are amazing, exactly the way a woman would like to have. It’s a touch screen which makes it fun to use, but you can also use the middle knob on the left hand side for changing between apps and screens. Finally, the battery of it can last up to 24 hours which can be considered average. But the way it charges is something good, you get a magnetic charger which is very easy to connect and the it gets your watch fully charged in just an hour.
5. Kate Spade Women’s Scallop Smartwatch 2
- Wear 0S
- 40mm Case Size
- Voice Activated
- Built-in GPS
- NFC Payments
Scallop 2 is the new model of Scallop Smartwatch, it has slight design changes in it and some major changes on the inside. Starting with the design, the watch has 40mm case size and 3.4 inches screen which is touch enabled. The wristbands are 16mm in size which means they are thin. You can get the watch in many colors, some of which are white, black, gold and rose gold. Besides, you can choose to go for either metal bracelet or leather straps. On the left it has a rotating crown and a button. The crown as usual in smartwatches is used for scrolling purposes instead of touch. The button here is a nice addition which takes you to a menu where you can choose your outfit colors and the watch theme will adapt to it.
Alright, it is powered by Wear OS by Google, this makes it compatible with all new Android and iOS devices. It is powered by Snapdragon 2100 which is enough for all the things you will be doing on this best smartwatch. You can easily add apps to it from the play-store and make things easy in your daily routine. On the back of it you will see a heart rate sensors which works pretty good. So you can easily track things like calories burned and steps etc. There is built-in GPS as well, which means you do not need your phone to be connected all the time.
More, unlike the previous model, it has NFC Payments option now so you can easily make your payments using your smartwatch. It also is voice activated which makes it a good one to be connected to your assistant and control things. And last but not the least, for further convenience, it can be charged wireless. However, despite all these good things, the price of it might restrict you from buying it.
6. Michael Kors Access Unisex Silvertone Bradshaw
- 45mm Case Size
- 9mm Depth
- IP67 Water Resistant
- Stainless Steel
- Multiple Time Zones
For women, who want a smartwatch which has all the features in it, but still looks same like a conventional wristwatch, this is it. It is elegant, has a great design and the overall metal structure is what sets this watch apart. The 45mm case size might by a downside for women because this size is recommended for men. But never mind, if other things are good and the watch itself adds some level of style into your getup then why bother the size. On the other side, the thickness of this smartwatch is 9mm only making it of the thinnest.
It is powered by Wear OS on the inside, making it good to go go with Android or iOS devices. It comes with built-in Bluetooth and Wi-Fi, they are designed to consume low power. This enables the watch to work for 24 hours or even beyond that based on how you use your watch. More, it is IP67 water resistant, so you don’t need to worry about going out in rainy weather or even going for a swim.
The reason this watch makes it to be one of the best smartwatches for women is mainly how the watch is designed. It has elegant looks and the silver stainless steel make is what makes it even more exciting. Besides, on the inside you get pretty much all the things which makes it a good smartwatch. But yes, the watch is an expensive one, because the same amount you spend here can get you something from Apple or Samsung which of course would be a better choice in regards to features.
7. Samsung Galaxy Watch Active Rose Gold
- 40mm Case Size
- 10.5mm Thickness
- 25 Grams
- 45 Hours Battery
- Wireless Charging
Galaxy Active is budget smartwatch from Samsung which comes with pretty much all features but certain things have been cut off to bring its price down. One of the things which you might not see is the rotating bezel which in Galaxy Smartwatch is used for swiping purposes. Here in this watch, you will have to do everything using the touch screen and the buttons on the left side.
The case size of it 40mm which is optimal for women and the depth of it is 10.5mm only. These dimensions show that it is a slim and minimal watch, but wait, what’s more stunning is that it only weighs 25 grams which is insane. As mentioned earlier, Samsung has tried to make it a budget friendly watch and has targeted the watch more towards fitness geeks. It has a heart rate senor at the back, this allows the watch to tell you your heart rate and an additional thing which is the blood pressure. Besides, it has other workout activities in it which for sure will make your workout more fun and progressive.
Overall, this best smartwatch for women from Samsung has got decent looks. It comes in 4 different colors which are black, silver, rose gold and green. In addition, there is a wide range of colors among the straps which you can choose or you can just go from any strap from the outside, which is 20mm. Talking about the charge, you can charge your smartwatch wireless from the charging pad or any other smartphone which supports reverse wireless charging. And it works for around 45 hours on mix usage time to time.
8. Motorola Moto 360 Women’s 2nd Gen
- 42mm Case Size
- Leather/Metallic Straps
- MotoBody Feature
- Music Control
- 2 Days Battery
Moto 360 has a specific version designed for women. Of course this version has a good case size for women and some colors which women will love the most, compared to men. It is a 42mm case which comes with 16mm wrist straps. You can decide to go for either leather or metallic straps, both of which look good with the watch. It is available in a wide range of colors, rose gold among which is the most beautiful one for women. More, it is powered by Android Wear which is basically Wear OS by Google. This allows the phone to work with both Android and iOS devices.
Speaking of what’s on the inside. You get to chose from a variety of clock faces and all are stunning. One of the best things here is the feature called MotoBody, it lets you know things like your heart rate, steps you’ve walked and whether or not you have achieved your goals, which you have to set any in advance. Besides notifications and alerts, you can even control the music using your smartwatch, making it one of the best android smartwatch for women.
Talking about the battery juice, it is pretty much up to the mark. You can use the watch for 2 – 3 days, based on how you use it. But things like continuous GPS nav or workout mode will drain the battery faster. But nothing to worry about, it gets fully charged in just an hour. Now, the reason why you may want to chose this over other good smartwatches like from Samsung is the price of it. You can get it for just $200 which makes sense if you prefer it over others.
9. Skagen Connected Falster 2
- 11mm Thickness
- 40mm Case Size
- All Day Battery
- Minimal Design
Skagen Connected Falster 2 is the most minimal smartwatch for women you will come across. It is lightweight, slim and does not annoy you at all while you wear it. Size of the case is 40mm and the thickness of it is 11mm only. It comes with a variety of straps which you can choose from. The steel mesh straps of it are most popular and yes, they look elegant. Also, this smartwatch is water resistant at 3 ATM.
Speaking of the features, you may not like the fact that the chip used inside is an old one, but it works great, you won’t feel any lag on it. However, in the coming years, when the Wear OS gets an update, lag is likely to start occurring. So, as you know it is power by Wear OS, so far everything is working pretty fine. The watch is fast, tracking and data storing is accurate. Screen of it is pretty bright and you can set it to auto-brightness which will take your battery life a little upwards.
Sp the battery timing of it is good, can get you through the day. However, if you use the always ON feature from the main screen, then you might need to charge your smartwatch by the evening. It comes with a magnetic charger in the box which is pretty convenient to use. Overall, it is one nice smartwatch for women. It has got elegant looks and minimal in design. What you may not appreciate about it is that the price is way too up. Because you can get something more powerful for $300.
10. Withings Steel HR Hybrid Smartwatch
- Hybrid Smarwatch
- 25 Days Battery
- Android / iOS Compatible
- 36mm / 40mm Case Size
- Smart HR Sensor
Steel HR Hybrid is a pretty unique smartwatch. It is basically hybrid, so it has the clock hands which tell you the time in an analog manner and there is another analog piece which tells how far have you made towards your steps goal. And then there lies a small digital screen at the top which tells you a lot about your tracking and gets you notifications from your smartphones. Plus, it is compatible with both iOS and Android Devices. It comes in two sizes 36mm and 40mm, both of which are good to go for a woman’s wrist.
The digital display on it shows you your heart rate, steps you have walked, running and swimming as well. Its heart rate sensor turns ON when you start running or you can also manually turn it ON by pressing the button. For notifications and alert, you will have to connect your smartphone via Bluetooth. You can get all notifications like call, message and other social apps.
Interestingly, you can connect your smartwatch to over a 100 health apps where all your data is transferred and you can keep a track of it. But here comes the most fascinating thing, this smartwatch can go on without charge for 25 days. The battery of it gives you such a long backup, you never have to worry about charging it. Finally, it is 50 meters waterproof as well, so you do not have to worry about it when swimming or walking in the rain.
Smartwatches are the new best gadgets, everyone is trying to get one. It adds up to your old habit of putting on a wristwatch and also gets you a ton of other features at your wrist. For women, these smartwatches come in different colors and design, this is because besides being smart, an elegant look is important too. So you could go for any best smartwatch for women 2020 mentioned above and get things easy in your life.