Foil vs Rotary Shaver has been an open discussion for quite a long time now.
No one can come to a final decision about which is better or if one can out perform another. Is foil better than rotary shaver? or is rotary better than foil shaver?
But, you can very easily decide which of these is better for you.
Here you are going to go through the difference between foil and rotary shaver. Also, you’ll get to know which of these shavers suits you the most.
So, here we will be going through the difference of rotary and foil shaver.
- How they work?
- Which suits you?
- How to use?
Also Read: Best Trimmers for Men
Without any further discussions lets start with how these shaver work? and try to understand the process in easy terms.
1. Foil Shaver: Foil shavers have a straight head. On the head you will see a number of elements, some shavers come with 3 blades, 4 blades and even some best electric shavers have 5 blades.
Now besides other elements you will see a thin holed layer, this is the actual foil. The foil is what makes this shaver work. Beneath this layer there are blades which oscillates back-and-forth.
2. Rotary Shaver: Rotary Shavers have circular heads. Usually there are three circular heads in a rotary shaver. The heads that are visible to us are static, they don’t move. But underneath these heads are spinning cutters.
1. Foil Shaver: Foil shavers are most suitable for people with sensitive skin. Because of the foil between the the skin and the blade, it gives a smooth shave.
If you do precise shaving, like you have a goatee which needs to be trimmed well at the sides or you have stylish sideburns, then foil shaver is the perfect fit for you.
2. Rotary Shaver: Rotary shaver is good for you if you have regular or tough skin. Also, if you facial hair is thick or highly dense, then rotary electric shaver is the right fit for you.
1. Foil Shaver: Since a foil shaver has blades beneath the foil which move in back-and-forth motion, so they must be used in the same movement. You should use a foil shaver by moving it either up-and-down or back-and-forth.
This way you will be able to easily shave your beard.
2. Rotary Shaver: In a rotary razor the blades move in circular motion, so you must be using you shaver the same way.
You should use a rotary shaver in circular motion from let to right or from right to left, this way you facial hair get’s stuck in the static heads of the shaver and the blades cut’s it off easily.
Now your foil vs rotary shaver questions must be clear. It should be pretty clear how these both types of shavers work and which suits you the most.
Let us know if you have any questions.
We love to hear from our readers. Till then, 😉